Dehyroepiandrosterone… better known as DHEA… is one of the key male sex hormones.
Without enough DHEA, your libido falls and your erection cannot achieve maximum hardness.
So by boosting your body’s DHEA production… your sex drive, erection power and your sexual stamina also increases too!
Increasing your DHEA is especially crucial if you are over the age of 40… and you want to fight off erectile dysfunction.
DHEA is also a precursor for testosterone.
Which means it helps your body make more testosterone.
DHEA is a naturally occurring.
The hormone is secreted from your adrenal glands where it’s converted into testosterone and other useful chemicals your body needs.
DHEA is abundantly produced when you are young. But declines with age.
By the time you’re 65, your adrenal glands pump out just an anemic 10% of the DHEA that it produced when you were 18.
How does DHEA help your testosterone and erections?
DHEA increases your T-levels is by lowering and controlling your cortisol levels.
Cortisol is a product of stress.
And is useful when you are facing a life or death situation.
It directs all of your body’s resources to survival—you can run and move faster, lift and carry heavier objects, physically defend yourself and fight like a gladiator…
Cortisol is the reason men are capable of “superhuman strength and stamina” when their lives are at stake.
But if you’re not in “fight or flight” situation, cortisol wreaks havoc on the body.
It directs all your resources away from maintaining and repairing your tissues and cells, accelerating the aging process.
This includes destroying your DHEA levels, triggering “Low-T”.
And that’s just the beginning.
People with low levels of DHEA generally don’t live as long and healthy.
That’s because DHEA is also linked to bone health, insulin balance (diabetes) and metabolism (weight gain).
Men with low DHEA get sick more often, are more prone to inflammatory diseases (inflammation is linked to heart disease and damaged, clogged arteries) and are more likely to suffer mood disorders like depression.
Medical research has done a lot to document the health benefits of DHEA supplementation:
- The Institute of Biomedical Research at the University of Birmingham in England studied patients with poorly functioning adrenal glands. DHEA supplementation improved their sex steroid levels- leading to energy levels, mood, and libido.
- Russian researchers found that men with low DHEA levels were likely to suffer erectile dysfunction and chronic prostatitis. While Men with higher levels of DHEA were better able to get and keep an erection.
- Researchers from the University of Vienna conducted a double blind, placebo controlled study on the relationship and reported that healthy DHEA levels translates to being able to achieve and maintain a healthy erection.
- Researchers in this study administered 50 mg of DHEA to the trial group over the course of six months. The DHEA-treated patients saw significant decreases in stomach fat and insulin (the precursor to diabetes)
- Researchers from the University of Cambridge conducted a review of studies on DHEA. They reported that 67% of men taking DHEA felt that their sense of well-being improved and had a more optimistic outlook on life. They also found that DHEA protected men from erectile dysfunction.
HOWEVER… excessive levels of DHEA can be counterproductive. Youthful levels of DHEA are between 300 and 500 mg/dl.